Ingredients1 teaspoon apple butter
1/8 teaspoon of organic, non-hydrogenated shortening*
¼ cup of unpopped yellow or white popcorn kernels
2 teaspoons white truffle oil, divided
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
¾ teaspoon stevia natural sugar substitute
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, warm the apple butter with shortening. Once the mixture has been liquefied, continue to heat it with 1 teaspoon of white truffle oil. Turn the pot so that the combination coats the bottom.
- Place two popcorn kernels in the pot and cover. Stay nearby to listen for the sound of those kernels popping.
- Once the first two kernels have popped, add the remaining unpopped kernels and cover the pot. Gently move the pot back-and-forth over the burner until the rate of popping slows, about two seconds or more between popping sounds.
- Remove the pot from heat and add cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia and remaining 1 teaspoon of truffle oil to the popped corn. Cover the pot and toss together, until the spices and oil have coated the popcorn.
- *Note: The purpose of the shortening is to liquefy the consistency of the apple butter; without it, the apple butter is too thick to spread and will burn the bottom of the pot.